justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
For those of you that attended the Clinic by Jefff Fredette, wasn't that awesome? Individual instruction from a legend. Now the big question, Can you change your style, if it is different than he taught us, how long will it take to get it ingrained into your mind?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
NO!! That was my MX coach, MX 547.:D
Really the thing that scared me on the mx track wasn't the jumps. I thought I'd be afraid of them, but instead I could do them easily. I didn't do the doubles and the rythym sections ate my lunch. What scared me was the thought of the true mxers running me over.:eek:
I was toward the front, 5 or so at the first turn of the c main. I thought yippe only five are iin front of me, then I thought OMG there are 35 bikes behind me that will run over me if I fall over.
And Fredette's advise really will help me in the woods.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
true mxers running me over
That's just it, they won't. My only concern was how those who have never experienced the rush would react to it :eek:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm an enduro rider, I'm use to guys yelling Hey, Hey as they go by me.:p

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
I'm use to guys yelling Hey, Hey as they go by me

speaking of hey, hey; tx246 pulled the hay! hay! trick on me on the way home and i fell for it.:confused:

i'm trying to talk justql into racing mx this saturday nite. he actually sounds interested.:p

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Can you change your style, if it is different than he taught us, how long will it take to get it ingrained into your mind? [/B]

The technique we learned in the 2nd class really wasnt that hard to remember, making the body do what the brain is thinking is a whole other story. :think

Every time I went by the spectator bridge, I was Whoooo Hoooooo ing at full volume:)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'm an enduro rider, I'm use to guys yelling Hey, Hey as they go by me.:p

Real MXers yell "PIN IT SALLY" or "Outta my way you blouse wearing Nancy Boy" as they come by :eek:

B

biglou

What was really cool was seeing the legend forget to turn his gas on for his braking demo! LOL! We're all human after all.:)
And how 'bout that tire changing expo? I'm thinking I might give it a try next time. Bloody knuckles, here I come!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Have to agree with you there, its not every day you get individual attention from a 21 time ISDE veteran. WAY COOL!

Big Thanks go out to Jeff for taking time out of his schedule to come and hang out with us again. :)

Oct 10, 2000
I thought Jeff's class in the morning really ROCKED!!! Not using the clutch while in turns is going to be hard to learn, but I plan on practicing it over and over when I fix my flat rear tire:(
I thought it was cool the way Jeff started at the back of the pack in the "A" MX and Bike W Lights class, its like he didn't want to get into a pileup in the first turn with a bunch of spodes. Then the magic started as he took his time and picked off at least 3/4 of the class. I was cheering every lap.

rwcwoh

Mar 1, 2000
Hey wheelie4strokeB , it's too bad you were not using that engine braking/stalling technique during the team h/s ,or I would be sporting a 1st looser trophy instead of the 3rd! ;)

Where were you during the MX w/lights? I was looking for pay backs!:confused:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
The Tire!

LMAO!! big lou, when i got home, I really cleaned up the bikes, and I went ahead and broke down, not only my rear tire, and flipped it, I did it to my sons DS80!! I think I got the hamg of it now!
And after that< went up and down the hill behind my house for abiout an hour working on what he taught us! now that's being an=l!!:confused:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The tire changing seminar was pretty neat, but should have incorporated some participation from the audience (maybe TTR Guy). I couldnt believe when Fredette told the story about changing a tire and having it mounted on the bike in less than two minutes! As to the Hay thing (mx547), I busted JustQL twice with that and then watched him bust BSwift with it a little while later. Justin, if you do race, stay off of that CR, it will make you want one. To Mx547, when am I going to be able to convince you to ride my bike?

Mini127

Oct 2, 2001
I had a fun time in the clinic too. I'm guessing it would take a year to do the tecniqe, if I ever get it right. I'm with Lorin,that tire change was amazing,I'd love to chang a tire that fast, or change a tire to start with.:confused:
Mini127

Top Bottom