Fredette Racing or RB Designs for mods??

lee42lee

May 16, 2005
I have a 2001 KDX 220 and want to get the carb and the head done and was wondering who everyone would reccomend to do it, Fredette Racing or RB Designs? Thanks for all suggestions.

lee42lee

May 16, 2005
Yes I have removed the air box lid and I have a FMF Gnarly ehaust with the Turbinecore 2 Silencer. When I rode last weekend I noticed that the bike is down on power. I figure it either needs rings or the Kips are stuck so I am going to go ahead and do a top end job on it and I was thinking of having the carb and head done on it also.

Lee

oldturtle

Sep 11, 2005
Regarding who to recommend for carb and head mods, RB Designs seems to be at forefront of boring carbs for both 220 and 200 and also installing divider plate on carb outlet and clearing up pilot jet circuit. I went to the FRP web site and they only list carb boring for 220 so I doubt they are quite as agressive with mods as RB Designs. So when the time is right my 220 carb will be going to RBD in Portland, Oregon.
Regarding head mods I cannot determine differences. RBD has lots of experience with 2 stroke head compression increasing and squish mods for 2 stroke Banshee and Blaster quads as well as with KDX. My plan for now anyway is to leave my 220 head stock until after I get RBD carb mods done.

Last edited:

lee42lee

May 16, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I will send it to RB Designs. As far as jetting it has already been done. Sorry I didn't post that. The bike has been fine up until this past weekend.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I had fredette do all the motor mods, and am very happy. I don't see any reason to pay more for the RB carb mod as opposed to the fredette carb bore...

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
The RB carb mod for the 220 is much more than a bore. Do a search and you will find extensive information on it.

You also mentioned a rebuild on the top end....Although a fresh topend is never a bad idea, I would seriously doubt your 2005 bike really needs it(unless you really ride the *&@#$^ out of all the time).

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I know the RB is more than just a Bore, but for the money, the fredette carb mod is hard to beat...
Many pepole who ride my bike have been really suprized to find out it's a KDX....

Top Bottom