Fredette's Business Practices

duke

Oct 9, 1999
With So-Cal riding areas covered with slush, I am faced with riding tempertures that I have never dealt with before. Before seizing the bike, I contacted Fredette Racing and spoke with the man himself seeking direction in what would be proper jetting. Speaking with him was a welcome relief from the normal, "Hey dude, I dunno, uh...let me ask the other guy" Not only was he very knowledegable (sic) but he was most patient with my inquiries. All this, knowing full well that by my residing in Los Angeles (land of infinite aftermarket shops and firms) the likelyhood of me ordering something was remote. I am so impressed with his down to earth non pressure tactics, that when it comes time to purchase some after market goodies, I will certainly order from him.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I always had great results when dealing with Jeff. Most helpful and reliable resource/shop.
BTW, he builds killer ice tires too, so let the temps drop out there in CA :)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Duke I'd go riding right now. These conditions will not be seen again for a long time. The desert areas are perfect right now!!!

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I spoke with him as well last week and was very happy with how friendly and helpful he was over the phone. After work today I'm shipping him a cylinder, head, and carb. :)

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Damn straight brother. I am Gorman bound ASAP. A 162 main and 48 pilot was what Fredette advised. A big jump from its current 155/45 set up. He also added to be cognizant of chopping the throttle after traversing any long, high speed sections like sand washes. A more gradual letting off of the throttle was prescribed as it prevents any possible seizing. With tempetures in the mid thirties, safety precautions such as these are mandated. And yes, it wont be like this many more times in my life time.

Mainekdxer

Oct 15, 2004
Agreed! I have been emailing Jeff for the past several months asking numerous questions about my bike and the services he provides for KDXs. He has been more than helpful listening to me and explaining what he needed despite my meager knowledge of the technical workings of my bike. :bang: In fact I listed all the services that he had on his site and asked if my engine would need everything. What a great opportunity for a business owner huh? A complete newbie when it comes to engine work asking the business owner if his bike needed all of its services :laugh: Jeff replied that more than likely I wouldn't need a couple of the services but if I did he would call me first. He earned a lot of respect from me after that conversation :worship: My engine should be coming back next week. Even though I have a foot of snow on the ground I can't wait!

skierjet

Dec 23, 2003
Jeff in Dirt Rider

FYI - Jeff F. was pictured and referenced in Dirt Rider mag last month for the 6 days of Poland. I think he finished 2nd and finished this race for like the 26th straight time. This was on a mostly stock KDX220 - Check the picture - pic's don't lie.
As for biz practices. He is the best in the industry to work with - just keep in mind that he doesn't appear to have a ton of help there and sometimes it may take him a while to repond.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…