Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Just got in from Freestone. It's not that far from my house but I had never been so I thought I'd check out the track. I didn't plan on riding but I had the bikes with me, the plan was to kill some time and take a look at the track while waiting for another track to open which was due around noon because of wet conditions. OMG, I was expecting 400 - 500 people there but was I surprised when I got there. I think there were 4 trucks and one belonged to the owner (Tony). It just so happens that 2 of the guys there I had met at Mosier & VC a couple of years ago & I had parked next to them. After visiting and looking at the track for about an hour I thought I'd go ahead and pay the 15 and ride. There wasn't anymore than 3 bikes on the track at any one time. They were still watering when it got dry just the same if there were 1500 people there. I spent about an hour on the track before I'd had enough for one day besides I wasn't prepared to ride. Didn't bring any water or food.
Tony said there were on 3 or 4 people there on Sat practice too but he was going ahead with open practice on Monday. His hopes are that some of the Whitney racers will run over for practice since there will be no riding at Whitney on that day.

He also said that if we watch the his website that he is considering running open practice again next weekend. I suggest to anyone in the DFW area to check out this place when you get a chance, they normally don't do practices. Oh, and they already have the lights & poles there waiting to be installed so they can run at night. It's about an hour from dallas about 10minutes off I-45

And another thing, one of the track workers told me that he thinks Tony will rent the track out for $200 per day. Maybe a DRN/NTSM "Smackfest" ride is in order.

Last edited:
Top Bottom