Freestyle MX on Jay Leno, May 10th

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
IFMA Freestyle Motocross to appear on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" Select Riders to Appear for Special Performance on NBC May 10

AURORA, Ill., (April 15, 2002) - Clear Channel Entertainment's Motor Sports division announced today that star riders of the IFMA Freestyle Motocross Series will appear on NBC television's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Friday, May 10, 2002.

Mike Jones, Kenny Bartram, Dustin Miller, and Jake Windham headline a cast of IFMA Freestyle Motocross 'pilots' who will showcase their talents on the Tonight Show's property at NBC Studios in Burbank, Calif. Viewers can expect to see the riders perform a variety of aerial stunts including the coffin, rock solid, cliff-hanger, and the kiss of death.

Freestyle Motocross has received enormous international popularity from NBC's airing of both the "Gravity Games" and the "Vans Triple Crown of Freestyle Motocross" televised programs, while the IFMA (International Freestyle Motocross Association) has continued to build IFMA Freestyle Motocross into the world's largest series of Freestyle Motocross events, reaching thirty different events in 2002.

The riders of the evening are some of Freestyle Motocross' finest. 'The Cowboy' Kenny Bartram, 2001 X-Games Gold Medal winner of the Big Air competition and current IFMA Freestyle Motocross points leader. The reigning 2001 IFMA champion and 2001 X-Games silver medal winner, Dustin Miller will also be on hand to dazzle the viewers along with Jake 'The Jailor' Windham, IFMA's 2000 champion and 2001 X-Games Moto-X Bronze medallist. 'Mad Mike' Jones, one of the founding fathers of freestyle motocross is the 2002 Winter-X Games Silver Medallist and completes the four IFMA competitors to make a the first ever appearance of Freestyle Motocross on NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

"When I saw freestyle motocross at last year's THQ U.S. Open in Las Vegas, I was amazed. This is going to be a spectacular feature on the Tonight Show and we're looking forward to it," said Steve Ridgeway, segment producer of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

For two consecutive years, Clear Channel Entertainment-Motor Sports helped produce "The Tonight Show Cup, " an EA SPORTS Supercross post-season race starring the top riders of supercross including Jeremy McGrath, Ricky Carmichael and Travis Pastrana.

"We're extremely pleased to showcase IFMA Freestyle Motocross on The Tonight Show and to the viewers of NBC. Everyone knows Jay Leno is a motorcycle enthusiast, and the IFMA riders are enthusiastic to open their unique bag of big-air tricks for Jay, " said Charlie Mancuso, president of Clear Channel Entertainment - Motor Sports.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
I disagree I think freestyle takes talent as well as racing.I can't race and I will never do freestyle.freestyle is good for the sport anyways.It just brings more money and popularity to the sport.

Top Bottom