Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok I’ve been meaning to strip down the KX have the suspension redone, put in a new top end, chain, and a host of other things but I hate the idea of having my ride apart over the holidays when I should be riding. Of course a new bike would alleviate all the work completely but that’s another issue. Who’s interested in doing some riding Friday or Saturday? I was thinking either Stoddard Wells or El Mirage. I’m getting rusty and need some time behind the old steed.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I might be up for a Saturday ride. How about Phelan or Hodge road. We could ride to one of the burger places for lunch and a beer.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Im game for either. Although I havent been to Hodge in quite some time and wouldnt mind heading out there again. We could ride on over to Slash X. Im thinking I can talk the brothers and maybe KTMBoy to come on out to Hodge. Name the time.

Last edited:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm in. Hodge Rd was my first DRN ride and it's just about time for an anniversary lunch at SlashX.

I'm up for any of these places.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Thumbs Im game. Im thinking I might be there a little earlier (9:00am) to maybe do some warming up. By the time I unload the bike and put on the gear heck it will probably be around 9:30 or 10.
Where do you want to meet out on Hodge? Ill be driving a White longbed/crew cab Chevy. If the brothers go you might find a charcoal crew cab Chevy or a red 4WD Toyota next to my truck. Pvt Joker you remeber the truck right?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
9am is fine with me.

We can meet in the usual place. Make a right onto Hoge road and go about 3 miles and when the road begins to veer right you go straight for about 1/10 of a mile and park.

If ya get lost 213-216-7566

Gold f-150 with a KTM 200

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ill see you guys there. Thumbs I thought you had a Honda? Im getting senile in my old age.

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
If memory serves me right, Hodge is the offramp just before the first Barstow Outlet Mall. Look forward to meeting you.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Oldandslo look forward to seeing ya. Damn all these new bikes, my bike and I are both starting feel old. Believe it or not Ive been contemplating whether to buy a new CRF450 or just fix the green machine up. Nothing worse than that new bike itch.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Is there room for one more? 9 AM at Hodge road sounds good...

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
So far we have................

Boodac
Thumbs
Pvt Joker
ron clement
oldandslo
holeshot

With the recent rain the traction should be awesome. It's been a while so I'm looking forward to riding with the crew again.

Who has the tutu for the new guy? Elk?

Don't forget to bring a few bucks for a burger at Slash X cafe.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
It wet out here in the desert, which should make tomorrow a good ride. Of course it’s cold too. Its about 45 degrees midday so dress warm.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Bring some thick clothes.

It was 43 and windy at El Mirage today.

I would like to join but my bike wont let me. I couldnt even keep it running today. I cant figure it out so its going in for repairs soon.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Well, it was a crispy morning when I arrived at Hodge Road at 7:50 AM (at the usual location). I waited around until about 9:30, and still no sign of the Wrecking Crew - it turns out that they staged about 2/10 of a mile from me (immediately where the road veers off). That's the last time I arrive early. ;)

Today was the day I was going to find the answer to that all important question - was I ready to ride the upcoming TWMC event? Starting out on the easy trails - no problem, but as soon as we got into the narrow, rocky trails, I was like a Bull in a China shop, and eventually, I just flopped over on the right side. My right leg proved to be an unreliable prop when paddling uphill and my right wrist was ineffective at throttle control. (I'll stop short of saying I was "limp wristed"). Soon, I won't have this excuse for being slow, so I'm going to milk it while I can (but it'll be awhile before I can do a gnarly enduro).

There were a couple of new guys on the ride, Ron Clement on KX500 and his sidekick. Clement really impressed everyone when he destroyed a bush and bent his KX in a get-off. The TuTu was a perfect fit. Bundy should come out and give a schooling.

Some of the faster trails were a lot of fun. Hope to do it again sometime. :thumb:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
That was a fun ride although a few less rocks would have been nice. Was good to see the group along with a few new guys again. It was amazing how fast Ron managed to get back on his bike after the bush jumped in front of him. Now if I can just convince you guys to go in the mine shaft we could have another ride near there.
Thumbs thanks for being the guide for the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom