inutero11

Aug 29, 2004
so whats it like ? big differnces between the two? the 250 alot more of a bike to handle then the 125 or is it just as managable as the 125?

give me the details ect on the jump from a 125 to a 250...the reason im asking is cause,i got a 1996 cr125,bills pipe and silencer,bigger jet kit,52 toot rear sprocket(im pretty sure he said thats what it was) and some reeds....i want more bottom end,my top end is good,its a fast bike,,but i kinda want it to have power at all times,not jsut when the power band kicks in(well it does have power threw out,but im looking for more)

youngr51

Jul 20, 2004
There is a big power difference. Depending on your weight and skill level it probley wont be much harder to ride maybe even easier. Not as much shifting and the powerband is smoother. Be careful because they can bite you.

RoostRider

Uhhh...
Aug 24, 2004
If you're really confident on a 125 a 250 should not be too much bike.

It will have a lot more power everywhere, but you will really notice it down low.

inutero11

Aug 29, 2004
im about 5'10-11" and around 200lbs and i strong(workout alot)....ive been riding for about 2 months,but had a dirtbike 4 years ago,so im not a total stranger,,im pretty confident on the 125,,,only times i get little nervous is when im going threw the sugar sand(yeah im in fl,lots of that around)...in 4th gear wide open or half throttle 5th gear,,,the bike jsut flys..but down low...id like some more acceleration....

RoostRider

Uhhh...
Aug 24, 2004
You sound like a great candidate for a 250 class MX'er. They will tow your weight better, they will handle the power robbing sand better, they will accelerate better and they will have better low end.

The 2-strokers are going cheap these days used. (the racers are all switching to the soon to be mandatory 4-strokes)

Top Bottom