lukesh40

Dec 8, 2005
Alright so my front brake has been sucking for a while. It seems to stop my wheel fine but it feels really spongy. I changed the brake fluid twice using a vacuum pump and no dice. I also put on a fresh brake lever as some guys at the local shop told me that sometimes effects the way it feels. Still nothing. I'm thinking maybe I need a new master cylinder and/or brake line. Any suggestions?

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
As a first guess I would say the diaphragm in your master cylinder is bypassing to much fluid as you say you did a vac bleed. Your shop should sell a master cylinder rebuild kit with a new diaphragm and seals and is usually pretty affordable

D

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
and steel braided lines dont expand when they get hot, so if it just gets spongy after youve been riding a while, perhaps its time for new lines

maddogYZ

Aug 24, 2007
Try the old school method of bleeding instead of using the Vac-pump. We used the vac method on my YZ and my friends CBR with very poor results. Before you go buying expensive parts bleed the system by squeezing the lever and opening the bleeder. Furthermore, try zip-tieing the lever to the grip and let it sit over night, then come back and bleed it in the morning. Having the line under preassure lets all the air settle to the bottom and released all at once, well supposedly at least. Give it a shot.

Top Bottom