Lespaul20

~SPONSOR~
Jun 23, 2002
I have a 90 Ktm, I replaced the fluid in it a while ago, got it primed, but they just wont lock up. They work about 60-70% power. Someone suggested air being in the caliper. Anybody have any idea. Thanks.

EZ-Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2000
Have you tried bleeding it? If not you should, also did you ever have a leaking fork seal that you let go for a while? If so you need to change the pads and clean the rotor. Those are just a couple of guesses that may help the problem, but it could be almost anything. You realy didn't give any idea of what's going on or what you've done to try and fix it other than the fluid change a while ago.

Lespaul20

~SPONSOR~
Jun 23, 2002
well, I've bleed them a bunch of times, it seems to change, it's gets a little better, or a little worse after. As far a brake pads, I have not changed them. I don't think the fork is leaking either. Also I can pull the lever in all the way too. So I don't know exactly what it could be.

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Hey LesPaul,
The problem is it's a KTM!, I've had this problem with mine too. If you look go the the Euro site there is a link about back bleeding your brake. This should cure the problem. I know with mine no amount of bleeding would make it feel solid, but after back bleeding it made a difference. It still isn't as good as a Nissan caliper but it does the job.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom