Front Brakes

Lespaul20

~SPONSOR~
Jun 23, 2002
I drained all the fluid out of my front brakes, but now the master cylinder dosn't want to pump. Does it need to be primed and if so how do you do it. I worked fine before the fluid was just real bad.

Birken Vogt

Apr 5, 2002
I recharged a rear master cylinder recently that had been dry for a long time. What I did was to fill the reservoir and then do the exact drill as if I was bleeding fluid. Apply pressure, open bleeder, close bleeder, release pressure. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Just about the time I was going to give up and say "this master cylinder has had it", it caught prime and began to work. Also make sure the banjo bolts are tight and not leaking air, mine was and that may have been part of the problem.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
if you dont want to spring for the vacuum bleeder or try and make a home made syringe back bleeder< push the fluid from the bleeder valve up to the cylinder> , try to "gravity bleed" fill the master cylinder up open the bleeder and go have lunch or something . Come back ina bit and see if any fluid started coming out of the bleeder and bleed regurarly. Or take the line of the master cylinder have a bunch of shop towels surounding the area put your finger over the hole of the master cylinder so air can't get back in but when you pump fluid comes out. and quickly as possible put the line back on before the cylinder drains out empty again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…