chris kuba

May 31, 2003
I have lost almost all pressure in the front brakes and have found no leaks anywhere. I put in a new plunger for $30 and that was not the problem. There would be a little pressure and then it would just go away. Yes there is fluid in the resevoir to proper level. I don't want to spend anymore cash on a non-fix if anyone has any ideas please reply.

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
There is plenty of pad and I did bleed them. I even changed the fluid using a pump but it still didn't correct it. It happened very suddenly. Probably in about three minutes. It just got worse and disapeared. Two dealers both suggested the plunger in the master cylinder but that wasn't it. Can the caliper be rebuilt or should I try a new brake line first.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Your brake line might be flexing. This isn't something you could necessarily visually inspect but if it is flexing it could burst. If the pads & rotor check out ok, and you are sure that all of the air is bled from the system, I'd suspect the brake line.

levert

Jan 29, 2002
Be absolutely sure there are no leaks, check the seals on the caliper pistons, they are easy to replace. Once you have established the fluid is not leaking out anywhere it is air in the line.

Take your caliper off and hang it from the ceiling overnight, I know this sounds odd(and hard), but air goes up.
This is a two people job,keep the caliper above the master cylinder( make sure youve put someting in between the brake pads.Now bleed system, hopefully you will see air escaping from the bleed nipple.
We had a similar problem and it was just a small amount of air, I could not believe it.

BTW do you have hand gaurds??
Is your brake lever able to extend fully, IE it doesn't get hung up on the back of the barkbuster? This is often overlooked as well and will give similar brake problems.
DONT USE dot5
only dot 4,3,5.1

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know how the air would have gotten in there but I guess it's possible. I will give it a try and tell you what the outcome is.

Top Bottom