Front fork guards

tom m

Dec 2, 2001
I have seen some pic's of KDX's with some kind of plastic or rubber covering the lower front froks. Looks like some good added protection, Anyone know where to get..

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I've noticed that some of the Katoomers have KDX style forks but don't have the acordian style dust boots. They have these wicked(Yes I am origionally from Maine) looking carbon fiber guards like on the upside- down forks on my Zinger. They also have carbon fiber guards on the lower portions.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Spot on Matt90GT, they are very similar!

tom m

Dec 2, 2001
I have seen some of these on C Dave's web site, Readers Rides. I am looking for ones to fit a 2001 KDX 200 w/ conventional forks..

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
SRC makes them for the KDX bikes also. $200 is a bit spendy, but I had the SRC braces on my XR600 and man did it make it a different bike! Turned better, you could steer out of ruts and overall the fork action was smoother. It was worth every penny for the Xr600!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
You can order directly from Summers Racing:

http://www.srcinc.net

I was able to order them through my local honda dealer for the same price as on the SRC site, but did not have to pay shipping. They just order from WB direct. So it worked out for me better that way.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…