fzr

Sep 30, 2003
I have a 2002 kdx 200 with stock conventional forks. The other day, I got done riding and put my bike on the trailer, tied it down at the handle bars and compressed the shocks like I always do. This time the left fork felt like there was hardly no suspension in it at all so I couldn't get it tight and stable. In fact, the bike fell over as I started driving. I figured I blew a fork oil seal so I took it home and took the fork apart. Everything looked fine and there was plenty of oil in it still. So I put everything back together with new oil. Today I went to put the bike on the trailer and it was the same way. No oil was leaking either. So I removed BOTH forks, put my weight on each individually to see if maybe one was weaker than the other, figuring maybe a spring problem, but they both have the same suspension!! I am totally confused now. If both forks are fine, why when I put it on the trailer and pull on the handle bars, does one side totally compress like there's no suspension at all yet the other side feels tight like it should?

Help on this is MUCH appreciated. It's a beautiful day and I'm stuck!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
is the bike on a side of your truck or middle??
if its too close the tie down is on an angle that is 85deg and the other is 40deg then there you go

fzr

Sep 30, 2003
It's not in the middle, its closer to one side. I thought about this too, but I've been doing it this way for a couple years now and had no problem. Maybe I just never noticed it before, but then again, why won't it stay up now when I tie it down? Unless both fork springs are just alot weaker this season. I guess that could be it?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ive seen a post somewhere in here regarding fork supports and the gimmick they are and some knowledgeable folks around here were saying you could leave your bike strapped in your truck for 3 years and no effects on springs or seals so i doubt yours are weak. if anything one is broke but you would have heard a broke spring when you compressed them

if i had my guess i would bet the roads are worse

Top Bottom