Front Shock covers for conventional forks.

honDAN

Mar 23, 2001
I would like to find some plastic shock covers for my Honda XR650.
I've removed the fork boots and want to find some better looking protectors for the forks. I've seen some on KTM's but ive looked and can't find any for other motorcycles. Maybe some one could get rich by inventing some;) I'll buy them right now.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I looked in all of our catelogs. Nothing but the regular fork boots. UFO and Daystar. I can get you a set if you want them. What Size forks are on the xr650's??

honDAN

Mar 23, 2001
Fork gaurds for xr650

I'm not sure what size come on the 2000 XR 650. they are the factory forks so whatever size those are. I'll have to get back to you on that one. It sounds like we found an opening for a money maker don't you think?

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
I was looking a ways back for the same thing for an '89KX125 that I had. I wanted the same protectors that the upside down forks used for my conventional forks. I could not find them right off, so I bought fork boots. After I installed fork boots, I got word that Meier may provide them. I never had a chance to follow up on that though. I know that RM's had them through the mid-90's. Not sure if they would fit or not. They are included with the stock RM number plate.

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I'm pretty sure they're available, since the SRC fork brace is available for the XR650 and it usually replaces the boots with hard guards. My guess is that Acerbis or UFO makes them. Bajadesigns should know or ask SRC where they get them.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Acerbis either does or did make what you want. When I picked up my XR600 the guy had them installed. They look very much like the KTM fork guards for conventional forks that are on my EXC. I don't know where you can get them. You might try Acerbis directly.

Top Bottom