rgp151

Jun 3, 2023
The chain is making a clicking sound on the front sprocket of my Chinese pit-bike.

The front sprocket has a little play in it, but I believe that is normal. The chain was a little tight because I tightened the chain with the bike on a stand, but later realized that when the bike is on the ground the chain was too tight. Probably rode it for about an hour or 2 with the chain too tight. Anyway, now it clicks when on the ground, but when I put it on the stand the clicking stops. I loosened the chain, and the clicking has reduced, but something still isn't quite right.

With the bike on the stand, if I slowly rotate the back tire I can tell that the chain gets tighter and looser as it goes around. And I can feel some resistance at certain points, then it will get past that and spin more freely again. At some points the chain has appropriate play, but then others it will feel tight again. Its subtle. If I put my finger on the chain as it goes over the front sprocket I can feel that it will tick a little at some points as it comes off the sprocket.

Any recommendations?

Top Bottom