KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
Got a 96 KDX200 with stock gearing. It is fine for the desert. Just curious if a 12T on the front would be ok for some woods riding. I live close to the woods and the desert is 5 hrs one way. So I ride more in the woods. Haven't taken mine up the the mountains yet but was just wondering if anyone else had some input?
Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Why the front sprocket and not the rear?

KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
Also causes more chain wear, chain my roll on swing arm. If that's not a concern, go for it. Not sure anyone can tell ya if it's geared "okay for words". Give it a go and see if it works with your abilities and the woods you ride.
Also causes more chain wear, chain my roll on swing arm. If that's not a concern, go for it. Not sure anyone can tell ya if it's geared "okay for words". Give it a go and see if it works with your abilities and the woods you ride.
Thanks,
I think I will try one and see whats its all about. For about $8 cant go too wrong

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I ran a 12 from time to time on my CR500. Apart from chain life I never had any real issues doing so and it made the bike usable in the woods. I suppose that the real answer would be to change the transmission gears. But, that wasn't going to happen. Changing out the sprockets was inexpensive and worked.

Top Bottom