kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
I have a problem hitting tight corners without the front tire diving (folding) in on me and almost causing me to some what endo (I just hang on and counterturn) :silly: . I can avoid this by hitting the turns *slllowwwwwwww* but I want to smash through the turns without having the front tire dive on me.
I'm riding a '01 KX100. I have about 11 of front travel with a 70/100x19 on front. could it be the front tire/rim is too small?, my techniques? or the suspension perhaps?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I'm having the same problem. Mine's been attributed to fork springs being too soft and a crappy front tire for soft terrain(Bridgestone M77:( ). About the springs, I weigh 250, so you might not fall in the same category ( no pun intended ;) ). Try you're compression clickers, but don't go for big changes.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'd do a few things. Try them one at a time to see how they work.

First put more compression in the front forks.
Second decrease the amount of rebound in the forks (make them rebound faster)
Third slide your fork tubes down in the triple clamps ad far as they can go.
Fourth Increase the amount of rear shock sag you have.
Fifth Make sure your front tire has enough air in it (you might want to add a pound or two)

See if that stuff helps.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Here's another one, slightly pull in your front brake, but not to the point where it wants to stop you, this will help the front end track and grip the ground. Just my 2 cents

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
One thing I've noticed about the KX100 is that the fork springs are a little soft compared to the shock. Try getting stiffer fork springs is the above tips don't do the trick.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Proper braking may help.

DO NOT SIT while braking

when coming into a turn make sure you are standing up, your nose with in 6 inches back or foward of the bars (not 6 inches close to).

If your form is in the correct position your elbows with be up not down, allowing your arms to weigh the front wheel (you have suspension in your arms) while you are allowing your body to weigh the rear to help with better brake controll.
they say 90% of braking is done with the front ...I tend to feel its like 80%.

with proper form you may find that its not the suspension.

I use to blame everything on my bike but I have learned that its the bike only 10% of the time.

The reason this sounds off subject is because I see alot of people sit before the turn and that will tend to make the front knife or dive.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
BTW

even in a berm I don't sit completly I use my outer leg to hold my body foward while pointing my other towards the front wheel.

That alone will help with those bumps in the berm keeping your weight more centered, because if your on the seat in the berm when you hit that bump it will throw your body weight foward.

if your weight is off the seat when you hit that bump you bike will bounce under you keeping your body in perfect form.

Top Bottom