ZEKEDAWG

Oct 14, 2002
I did a search and discovered that most people out there are running the dunlop 756 and the michelin s12 or m12 with good results on all typs of terrain, but I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the dunlop 490 front tire. Most of my riding is hard terrain trails and fire roads in north cal. Dust in the summer, don't deal if alot of mud conditions, do run into some rocks and lava from time to time. The tire would be for my ttr 225 so obviously this is no race bike. I see something about maxxis maxxcross m730 any opinions there.

Last edited:

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
My CR came with it stock. At least I'm pretty sure thats what is on it :think: . I'm not one to give advice on front tires because I havent really had any other full size bike or anything. If you can find someone else with a CR125 of the same year as mine then ask them about it. I'll have to check to see if mine is a 490 just to make sure. Sorry I couldnt help any.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yeah, yours is a 490. zekedog, for what you are going to be doing, the 490 is fine. the 756 is a much better tire for racing.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
A 490 will last you a LONG time. they are great on the wear factor. But not much in the grip factor.

EK

Dec 3, 2000
I have had great results with the IRC ix05h front tire on my XC300 on hard surfaces including rocks. It also works very well on wet slimy clay. On steep hills the ix05h will control your speed with superior braking grip much better than the D756. On the same steep hill the D756 will slip and skid and your speed keeps going up.

IRC tires are reasonably priced.

Eric K
'01 GasGas 300XC
'00 Sherco 290

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
wraith is right the 490 is a great wearing tire. for the type of riding your doing that tire is good. its mostly a intermediate-hard terrain tire so it fits your conditions well. it doesnt do anything all that amazing,but does everything well and again last for ever.

Top Bottom