treadway47025

Jan 18, 2009
I have a 2006 kdx 200 and i would like to setup the suspension for my weight(150 +/- in street clothes) and make it a bit better than stock since it can be improved on. What would be the best route? Have FRP revalve with racetech gold valves and frp springs in forks, send them to mx tech or send them to racetech or install racetech myself??? I am mechanically inclined, but have never messed with forks internals. I just want the best for my money. Plan to respring rear shock and maybe a revalve on it as well.

thanks

branhine

Nov 1, 2008
treadway,

I'm pretty much your size (around 155 lbs). I put 40kg springs in mine and it made a world of difference. I have not revalved so I can't comment on the differences there.

As far as doing it yourself if you want to spend $20 you can log on to cyclepedia and get a 1 yr suscription what is basically an online manual which walks you through step by step (w/ great colored pictures) on how to do just about anything and everything to the bike including specifically how to revalve with race tech gold valves.

I got the 3yr deal for $26 and its been a great help since I don't have a service manual for my 2005 200.

Just a thought if you wanted to do the spring and valve upgrade yourself.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
There are a couple of good youtube video's floating around that show how to rebuild forks.. They're not hard to do, if you have patience and a couple tools.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
If you are comfortable with it, you may want to go with changing the springs yourself, then get an idea of how you would like to improve it. Otherwise, you are going to get a "here's how I think you should set up all of it, all at once" plan from someone. You might want to allow yourself a more informed opinion before telling someone "give me the works". A good tuner will listen to your information and go from there. Getting the correct spring rate is not too difficult to figure out. Just use the MX Tech calculator to figure it out.

treadway47025

Jan 18, 2009
I talked with factory connection about the suspension yesterday. they were saying 3-400 for just the front end. Idk. I have never messed with forks before. I have changed the rear shock spring out on a previous kdx and that was good enough for me at the time for awhile then I got a kx 250 and did nothing but set the sag. I may start with doing the rearspring then go from there. re weighed lastnight in street clothes and was at like 140-142lbs

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
What is your weight in full riding gear, with all tools, water backpack, tool weight in toolbag, etc. ?

I might have an extra lighter rate spring lying around if you would be interested in possibly trading. Post your e-mail address, and I will e-mail you. Thanks!

Top Bottom