89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
will the pipe mounts still line up after installing the frp torque ring? seems like they wouldn't since the ring will be adding space between cylinder and pipe?

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
It lines up.

As for performance I couldn't tell you since I replaced my needle to a 1173 at the same time I put in the torque ring and replaced my fork springs. So with all three improvements it pulls the front tire effortlessly.

Now I'm ready to go destroy some spark plugs and see how my jetting is.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I'm gonna go destroy(WOT chop) some plugs tonite so I'll get back to you on the jetting.

weather.com is calling for 95* 33percent humidity, alt. probably 1500

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Ok,
Here's my pic below:

I think I might try a 150main in it next time I have some extra plugs. And I still need to check my needle to see how it is running.

With the torque ring I can definately feel a drop in rpm off the top, but I don't ride wide open that much anyway. Shoot everytime I got at WOT tonite, I started getting so much wheel spin I'd have to get out of it. It might be time to put the 13 tooth back on

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
When your bike did the "RING-DING-DING-DING!!!"
Was it a high rpm RING-DING-DING-DING?
Sounds kinda like what happens if that small plastic ring in the slide is not seated properly, it will scare the hell out of you

The slide om my CT90 will go in two different ways, once I put it in wrong, and gave it a kick, that poor little 4 stroke was screaming!

:confused:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A high revving choke cold start is indicative of a lean pilot (on a mechanically sound bike). Doesn't mean it won't work just fine once things warm up. The kill button (as you used it) works great for controlling that.

JW..you note revs building up on AS adjustment to about where you left it? 1.5 out? That is rarely the place you'll find the best throttle response. A place to START (hi idle), but you'll likely go 'in' from there for a no-lag response under load. Give it a try. You want instant 'GO' with a quick flick of your wrist, say in 2nd gear..walk speed..off idle to 3/8-1/2 throttle.

It's hard to tell at that point whether you're on the rich or lean side of things. It's more an issue of transition from one circuit to another. The AS effects more than you might think. Don't shy away from a good amount of dinking with it to get an idea of its range.

re: ring-ding-ding

There's something wrong with that? ;)

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Hey Wibby, I did that on CT90 once and cleared the triple jump from the parking lot.....in low range. (Dang a centrifical clutch, didn't know it was in gear)

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
WoW! Great ride today!
35 miles searching out new trails...

I don't know if it was the torque ring or the new jet needle or both, but my bike has a lot more power now! Before I never could get the front to come up in 3rd gear, now it comes up at will, even in 4th. Kinda helps too when I don't have 5-6 inches of sag on the forks!;)

I even caught my buddy off guard a couple times on his 500, sure he won in the end, but it surprised him when I pulled away from him a couple of times.

The new fork springs are sweet! The bike handles so much better

Top Bottom