mg_racing

May 16, 2001
Cool Pat! Nice to meet you and good to know I'm not alone in here, from TX that is! New to this website and just getting back into riding after a 15 year slump. Appears you are my age and ride what I ride according to your profile. Would enjoy hooking up sometime and maybe you can show me more places to ride than I have been to. I ride at Rocky Ridge, Marshall Creek and a place by my house called the Rock Quarry off of 820 and Saginaw Main St.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Just a little east of you.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Me too

North Richland Hills fer me. I"m always eager to ride with new faces!:)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Muenster, Rocky Ridge some, and looking to try Twin Hills. Not to mention some of the TCCRA races, whatever ones I can make (Jacksboro next, whooo hooo)

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
Count me in!

I've returned to the sport after a twenty five year absence.
Not a racer, but I love to ride the tracks.
I ride at Mosier, Marshal Creek and some local fields.
I've heard Muenster is great for trail riding, I'm looking to get there sometime.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
used to live in Fot Wuth

now in the armpit of N. Texas. Still like to ride, though not racing yet. too slow.:(

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
Re: Yet another Texan

Originally posted by jdrobins

I usually am at Marshall creek on Sat mornings.

Jim

Jim, I try to go during the week when there is less "traffic"

How is the attendance on the weekends?

I have'nt been since school has let out, I wonder how crowded it gets now?

I'm still novice enough to get "tense" when the trails are crowded.

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Re: used to live in Fot Wuth

Originally posted by slo' mo
now in the armpit of N. Texas. Still like to ride, though not racing yet. too slow.:(

Not possible. We have so many classes and have so many riders at any given TCCRA event (usually ~600-700) that NOBODY is too slow to race.

Now, having enough endurance to finish is another story; I can vouch for that...

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Re: Re: Yet another Texan

Originally posted by CC_RIDER

Jim, I try to go during the week when there is less "traffic"

How is the attendance on the weekends?

I have'nt been since school has let out, I wonder how crowded it gets now?

I'm still novice enough to get "tense" when the trails are crowded.

If you go early it's not bad, about 1:00 it starts getting dangerous. :scream:

Jim

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Yeah, Marshal Creek can be pretty hazardous. It's not that great of a place to ride either. Over the years I've seen several careflights in there.

Last edited:

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Although Pat Burroughs has disavowed me due to a recent Republic of Texas post, I think I can still race in TCCRA, until Pat pulls some strings. :scream:

The Texas Cross Country Races are the best thing going. The people are great, tracks are cool and racing is superb. Next race is 2909 in Jacksboro. Check out TCCRA

Then again, you could go hang out with jdrobins at Marshall Creek and get some good poser tips from a pro.:p

Last edited:

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by taraker
Although Pat Burroughs has disavowed me due to a recent Republic of Texas post, I think I can still race in TCCRA, until Pat pulls some strings. :scream:

:eek: Now hold on just a minute, it had nothing to do with you per se...aw the hell with it, I'll see what I can do about getting started on those strings.

Top Bottom