pistons

Mar 29, 2008
Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you could see a problem with useing a fuel filter on a two stroke that is running on Pre mix, the filter is the standard brass flow design.
I just wanted to make sure that thier would not be any problems with the filter seperating the oil from the fuel before I installed it.
Thanks
Andy

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Run it, always a good idea to filter the fuel, it will not separate the oil from the fuel, would take a lot more than the filter to do that. :cool:

joshbot007

Dec 4, 2012
I hear alot about how they can cause a lean seize if they get clogged or dirt in them on other fourms. That is why I chose not to install one on mine. I always like to be more carful with everything and I was going to install one untill i read other fourms wear half were for and half were agenst because it can cause a motor sieze. If i were you and what I am doing is making sure all gas is clean. The gas has to pass through a screen on the intake lines in the tank that acts as a fuel filter. Pull thoes from the tank and see if they are in good condition and are still "filtering" opposed to being possably "unsafe" with a fuel filter.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Any filter needs maintainence. If you are adding one to make sure the gas entering the carb is always clean, assume there is going to be dirt in it and replace it when it looks dirty. Do that and you'll be OK.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom