wahoogator

Feb 16, 2004
Hey anybody,
I have a Honda CR80R, 1998, and am having a problem with spent fuel or unspent fuel blowing from the head to the exhaust system. Any thoughts? mix to rich? bad air cleaner? Help!
Thanks

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Your exaust port is on your cylnder not your head. Did you take your pipe off and look? Or do you have black goo coming out of your silencer?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Are you leaving your fuel on all the time? Sounds like your float's sticking and allowing some leakage into the bottom of your cases, thus it blows the fuel up through the ports when you start the bike and out into your exhaust.

wahoogator

Feb 16, 2004
elf said:
Your exaust port is on your cylnder not your head. Did you take your pipe off and look? Or do you have black goo coming out of your silencer?
hey,
the goo is coming out of the exhaust manifold and pipe joint and also at the joint and end of the silencer...

elf

Jun 7, 2003
The black goo is just oil or unburned oil. This can come from a number of things. Riding around at low rpms. too rich jetting. the kind of oil you use and the oil to gas ratio your using.And possibly a very dirty air filter. If your bike is running good and does not foul plugs I would put new pipe gasket or o-rings and get the pipe sealed up. Also make sure filter is clean.

wahoogator

Feb 16, 2004
elf said:
The black goo is just oil or unburned oil. This can come from a number of things. Riding around at low rpms. too rich jetting. the kind of oil you use and the oil to gas ratio your using.And possibly a very dirty air filter. If your bike is running good and does not foul plugs I would put new pipe gasket or o-rings and get the pipe sealed up. Also make sure filter is clean.

Thanks for the ideas...

Top Bottom