jozwales

Jul 30, 2003
I'm curious, still keeping my options open as to getting a used KDX.....and also, how loud is a stock KDX compared to other bikes?
I will probably get an XR, but if one of those good deals come along on a KDX, it would be hard to pass up.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I hit reserve with a 2002 220 at 60 miles of trail riding. My son's XR-70 never hit reserve at the end of a 68 mile ride (same ride).

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Life long two stroke rider: two strokes do not get near the gas milage that a four stroke gets and you have to mix oil with gas. The trade off is the power snap. A KDX will get much more mileage than a MX bike because it is geared with wider gear ratios. Also KDX has a bigger tank than usual MX tank. Previous post about KDX milage was pretty accurate. Unless you are into really long trail rides gas milage alone should not be the determining factor of what to buy.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Go with the KDX, trust me.

Your XR might get better milage(the KDX isn't street legal, dang!)

If you want lots of low end and torque for a two stroke get a 220. If you want some top end for the track but sill want a bottom go with a 200.

Stock KDX's are quieter with out a Garly pipe for the 220 and a Fatty for the 200. Put a Turbine Core2 on either.

Check out Canadian Dave's just KDX web page at dirtrider.net if you haven't.

Top Bottom