fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but what fuel/oil ratio do you guys run? My bike is a 97 KDX 220 with little to no mods. The only notable mods are a Gold Series FMF pipe and the air box lid removed.

thanks,

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
40:1 should do you fine.

Keep in mind that when you change that ratio, you are affecting your fuel (A/F) mixture, too. Less oil, more gas..richer.

I've read some tech articles that have dyno charts to prove that 2-stroke engines make more power with more oil. As long as they could keep the plug from fouling, the HP output of the motor continued to increase as they increased (lowered the numbers) the ratio.

Of course, that didn't have anything to do with carbon buildup after a season ride.

What did that have to do with anything?....uh............

dunno

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Thanks for the tips guys. I've been running the recommended 32:1 and I had heard of people running at different ratios.

thanks again,

jeff joy

May 14, 2001
I was using golden spectro at 40:1,talked to fredette and he recomended 50:1,thats what i'm doing now,seems to be okay,but if any one out there has negative info on this I would like to know.
thanks

heymike

Mar 21, 2000
I have been running Golden Spectro at 40:1 in my '99 KDX 220 ( and all my bikes for that matter ) since day one and still have no problems with splooge .... I'm sure that 50:1 would be fine too but, I would suspect you would get just a little less life out of your rod berrings and rings ( but I could be wrong about that ):think

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Well, after fouling 2 plugs using Golden Spectro at 40:1

I'm out to try my buds reccomendation: maxima Super M. They swear by that, and riding with one of them on a CR that was loading up something feirce form all the putting we did, but he did not foul a plug.

We shall see...

Top Bottom