BrianM2

Apr 23, 2007
Does anybody know where I can get a fuel screen for a KDX. The fuel screen is the “Filter” that sits on top of the two pipes on the fuel tape. These screens are thus in the fuel tank.

My local agent has indicated that I will have to get a new fuel tap.

Can anybody help?

jschiller

Mar 5, 2007
I removed the in tank filter and then fitted an in-line filter (any bike or car shop) between the tap and carb for around R10-00. 1 it is cheaper, 2 provides better filtration than the plain plastic mesh and 3 is easier to see when the filter is dirty. When dirty simply pull it off and replace - just remember to point the arrow on the filter in the direction of fuel flow

phoneman

Apr 17, 2007
I also use a inline filter that I got at Advance Auto for a couple of bucks. It's a screen filter made for a lawn mower and it's transparent.

BrianM2

Apr 23, 2007
I bought an inline filter and find that when fitted, the fuel line kinks. The distance between the fuel tap and the carb is to short. I ended up making a mode that involved removing the filters from the inline filters and connecting then to the end of the fuel tap where the fuel screens where. It is a bit of an over kill, but it works.

Top Bottom