DJM67

Sep 14, 2001
My bike, 11/90 KDX 200F Australian road legal model.

The problem, it has a steel tank.

Can anyone tell me if the American/Canadian model KDX 200's of this vintage had plastic fuel tanks?

The Australian version has a steel tank that is fitted by way of two bolts that screw into the frame just behing the head stem and by a hole (female) at the rear of the tank which slides over a small metal protusion (male) then a locking pin (split pin) goes through the male end. The tank has a small metal protusion at the rear that the seat locks into.

I would dearly love to get hold of a plastic tank (and shrouds if necessary) for my bike but they are almost impossible to get here in Australia. Aftermarket is not readily available and one rough quote I received to get one would make Bill Gates shy away.

Can anyone tell me if an American/Canadian plastic tank would fit? and if so, how I could go about getting one.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

kipmax

Aug 29, 2001
Yes,

The KDX200E plastic tank will fit. It also was sold in OZ as far as I know as the "race only" version. That's the only version that was sold in the US and The Great White North.

I can give you the part number if you need it or you can check yourself at

www.buykawasaki.com

Two problems... You will need to grind off that stud that the rear portion of your steel tank sits on and....................

Throw away your oil injector tank and run premix. It will not fit under the plastic tank as is.

If you can't get it from the OZ Kawi dealers we can still get it here in Japan. My guess is around $350 US.

Oh, some good news
:)

Your stock shrouds will fit!

DJM67

Sep 14, 2001
Oil tank went ages ago, already run premix.

Anyone know where I could find a fuel tank second hand????

DJM67

Sep 14, 2001
Mmmmmm, well I've tried most of the bike wreckers in Australia, no joy finding a plastic tank.

Any ideas??????????????????????? Anyone??????????????

Top Bottom