Stretch374

Apr 22, 2001
I just bought a used 2000 YZ426 and have a question.

The owners manual recommends using 95 octane unleaded gas or higher. I Live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and 93 octane is the highest I have seen.

Is this OK?

Will I experience knocking?

how much difference will a high octane racing fuel make and where might I find it?

Thanks

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
I also have the '00 YZ426. From my personal experience and following Rich Rohrich's advice, I started using VP C-12 and took the time to jet the bike properly. The rewards have been nothing but extremely satisfying. C-12 typically calls for slightly leaner jetting than pump fuel. If you are willing to do the jetting, it's definitely worth it. Since it has turned to warmer temperatures outdoors, I'm running a #158 main jet and the engine totally rips! I'm using the stock pilot jet at 1 3/4 turns out. My engine never stumbles, hiccups, hesitates, or gets hard to start. Throttle response is phenomenal. :cool:

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
I used to pay $4.25 per gallon until my supplier sold out to another dealer. I'm paying around $5 a gallon now..GRRRR!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I was under the impression that you were not supposed to use race gas in the YZ-F's, something about the seals or bearings in the carb...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Boit
Carb bearings??

The Keihn FCR series uses bearings to locate the slide.

Top Bottom