Fun with refraction...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
... or what to do when you park on a roof top garage. :)

Attachments

• Refraction_1_BW_DRN.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 153
  • refraction_3_DRN.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 137
  • refraction_2_BW_DRN.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 132

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Isn't refraction (light passing through a material) different than reflection (light bouncing off a material)? Seems more like reflection in the photos, but then the light was refracted in the camera lens so, never mind. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A modified version using filters.

Attachments

• attachment_2.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 102

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's not bad for a pocket camera. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
VintageDirt said:
Isn't refraction (light passing through a material) different than reflection (light bouncing off a material)? Seems more like reflection in the photos, but then the light was refracted in the camera lens so, never mind. :)

I think technically you're right Wes (although the light is passing through the windows). Really, I just like the word refraction and never figured I would get the chance to use it on DRN. :whoa:

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
A little easier to carry around day to day than the big rig? :)

When I'm working it's the only way I can carry a camera. The good part is because the little camera is limited it makes me think more before I shoot (always a good thing for me). The other thing I've noticed is I tend to look at things differently when I have a camera with me (even just the little one), and notice things I might have otherwise missed. Maybe it will help me develop a better eye for "the shot". Either way it seems less like work when I have a camera along. :)

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…