ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
This past weekend was really hard. My 46 yr. old brother-in-law passed away a week ago Sunday, and the funeral was this past Saturday. He left a wife, two step children, and two little girls 10 & 12. :whiner:

In his younger years my bro-in-law raced desert with all of his close friends. His dying wish was to have his ashes scattered at their favorite riding spot, and then everyone would take turns with the scattering using their dirtbikes. (He had quite a sense of humor.)

Although I look forward to attending this second part of our saying goodbye, it's with mixed feelings; but he told his wife he wanted me there, so I'll attend out of respect for his wishes.

:ugg:

The funeral itself was incredible, as he was a firefighter with L.A. County, and the fire dept. handled most of the service. They had a pipe and drum corp., (bagpipers), and the entire interior wall of the church was lined with uniformed firefighters.

When we first pulled up there was an unbelievable amount of equipment outside--pumpers, haz-mat trucks, patrol trucks---and then there were two huge ladder trucks with the ladders raised at 45 degrees end to end with a giant American flag hanging between them!

:thumb:

If that wasn't enough, at the end of the ceremony they took us all outside for the sounding of the 'last alarm', a traditional bell ringing for fallen firefighters.

The bell sounded out a '555' signal, the pipers played 'Amazing Grace', then right on cue with perfect timing two water dropping helicopters flew about 100' above our heads in a last salute. Everyone lost it at that point, as we were so overcome with emotion!:(  Anyhow, I just hope we all get some time to recover before part II.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
A very nice tribute indeed. My condolences to you and your family. Hang in there.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
My condolences. I also lost a brother-in-law about a week ago. :(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. 46 is much too young.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
God speed and your family is in our prayers.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Thankyou to all who have offered condolences and prayers for the family. Your show of concern is deeply appreciated! :cool:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
KTMBoy, I'd first like to say sorry for your loss.
I'd also like to say that a lot of people probably don't know what to say, so haven't posted.
I hope the send-off goes well & hang in there. You never know who your friends are until you need them. Damn yes, 46 is way too young to go. :(

Top Bottom