JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Assuming some of youse guys have removable helmet liners--what's the best way to wash the liner? What do you use? I removed my liner tonight to clean it, but I'm afraid I'll roach it if I use the wrong stuff. Should I throw the pieces in the washing machine? Should I hand wash 'em with Woolite?

I just bought this helmet a month or two ago, so I wanna keep it nice for a little while.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Throw them in the machine with liberal stain removers and detergent. Then dry on low. Never had any problems and always smells fresh as new!:)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Double rinse that sucker if you throw it in the washer. I did that once and after a really hot ride my head had a bunch of itchy lumps on it!!! Felt like somebody hit me with a ball peen hammer like a cartoon.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I spray mine with Simple Green and wash it in the sink, rinse well, dry on perma press cycle or else it won't fit right when you go to reinstall.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
wife

does all the dirty laundry.

she just throws it in the washer with our riding gear and lets it air dry.

double rinse cycle to get all the soap out.

regular laundry soap with out the scent.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Set that helmet in the sun for a while. I also squirt in a little fabreze now and then. It's a fabric odor remover that works great. Doesn't stink, etc, etc.

I use it on all my pads, and hockey gear too, stuff that's not necessarily washable.

Good stuff. (no I don't work for P&G or whoever makes it).

-MD

simimi

Dec 20, 2000
I just throw mine in the washer with all the other clothes. Usually run it on cold/cold or warm cold. I hang dry. No problems here. I use amway soap.

BTW washing mine and families liners, we have Oneal and HJC helmets, no problems with any;

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by FLBob
Helmet fresh - wus that?
Comes in a spray bottle and when helmet is new spray it on the liner then whenever you wash it respray. Prevents mildewand bacteria from growing and smelling up the inside. get it at riding shops or mailorder.
It really seemed to help this summer (didn't know about it last year)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Multiple Concussions

Originally posted by Smitty
Double rinse that sucker if you throw it in the washer. I did that once and after a really hot ride my head had a bunch of itchy lumps on it!!! Felt like somebody hit me with a ball peen hammer like a cartoon.

You're supposed to take your head out of the liner before throwing in the washer. You'll get far less lumps that way.:silly:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Just wash it like the rest of my gear. Throw it in a pile, throw the pile in the machine and let the wife finish it.;) :cool: Comes out all good.

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
simple green simple green simple green

Throw some in the sink and you can quickly hand wash it, rinse then let it air dry overnight. Smells pertty too :confused: It works great on your bike too.

Top Bottom