RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Since christmas is coming up, I figured now is a good time to spoil myselfe and get a new camera. I'd like to take pictures of just about everything, from moto to scenery to people, but I don't want to spend my entire month's paycheck, so probably around $500 would be a good starting point.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the G9?? I've heard nothing but good things about them, but wondered if I should go for a dslr?? would the dslr be worth it at only a $500 budget?? I don't have a whole lot of experience with the mechanics of a camera, but I've been told I have an eye for good shots, so I thought the G9 would be a safe bet.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ian

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I have no experience with the G9, but I do have a Canon Rebel DSLR. On a 500 dollar budget the DSLR is probly not a good choice. The kit lens you get is mediocre at best and it's at least a few hundred bucks to upgrade.

I would suggest a quality point and shoot to see how you do, then try to budget for upgrade. The results of a DSLR with good glass and someone who knows what they're doing are impressive!!

Top Bottom