Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Well, it's not too often I get on here and complain about something. I just figured I'd save some of you from making the mistake I did today. I kept hearing about this Game Tap thing on TV and the web ( www.gametap.com ) They have over 500 games in their library. Old school Atari stuff all the way up to more recent games. They only charge $9.95 a month too. So I figured why not try it out. Installing the software was a snap. The list of games was impressive, but that's as good as this story gets. Downloading the older games was pretty quick, but if you wanted to download a game that's like Y2K or newer? Go run some errands or find something to do because it's gonna be a while. I saw everything from 27 min to a whopping 92 min!!! Not to mention, when you're running the Game Tap application you can't (easily) surf the web at the same time. Sure would be nice to cruise DRN or something for 92 min while I'm downloading. Needless to say, I wasn't havin' that. Called them up the very same day (today) and told them I wanted to cancel. I explained that the downloads took too long. The lady asked if I wanted to trouble shoot the problem first before cancelling. I say "No thank, I've already un-installed the GameTap software." "And no, I don't want to re-install it." :fft: They also have this lame ass feature called GameTap TV which leads you to believe there's some cool cartoons on there for the kids. WRONG! Just a bunch of adverts and little animated shorts that require 85 clicks-throughs just to download.

In closing; If you've thought about GameTap, think again. Or if you're currently using it then I commend you for your patience. My .02 is they suck balls and should spend more $$ on streamlining their "product" vs. blowing $$ on cool advertisements all over the place.

Top Bottom