RLTowns

Jun 17, 2001
a.ktmfan,

Briefly met Don Knight this weekend and the AMA National this weekend (Del Norte, CO). He apparently had been in Spain getting the lowdown on the new bikes. I would imagine that GGNA will have some information soon.:) He was discussing the new products and improvements to the bikes with fellow Gas Gas Personnel.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I can't wait to try a lightweight 250 E-start stroker in that awesome handling frame. That will be the ultimate bike for slick and nasty woods racing. Problem is I love my 2-stroke XC and would hate to sell it. The wife doesn't have a problem with a new bike every couple of years, but 2 might push her over the edge.

clw

Dec 29, 2000
Glenn:

It should be a gradual process. First buy a layout bike, say an old XR200. Then once she's used to the idea slip in that new red 4stroke into the garage, but it should be a GG.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
clw,

I appreciate the advice. My wife also rides (XR200), so she is not eaisly fooled. Also, my garage is not big enough for another GG to hide in. I'm afraid treachery is not the answer in my case. I got the OK for the GG stroker when its out, but she has a problem with me needing 2 bikes. I'll have to work on it, I have time. You know, perhaps we should have a new forum to deal with the spouse psycology/new bike issue. I did hear a funny story about a guy in my friends club who would mount old, beat plastic to a new bike to fool his wife, and hide the cost in a landscaping business.

RBW

Jun 16, 2000
GP,
I Guarantee you will want to sell that 250 four stroke immediately after the first ride. Then your wife will really be pissed! That bike will have significantly less power than the 200 two stroke.Now I know I'm not familliar with the type of riding you have in your part of the country but, I find it hard to believe you would like that bike better than the almost perfect bike that you have now.

Rob

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Rob,

Thats my point exactly! I would like both so I could switch off for different conditions. I would never sell my XC without a good demo ride on a new stroker. As far as a 250 four stroke in our terrain, with E-start, if they get it right, would be an advantage in some of the nasty rock runs. The 250Fs I've seen work good here until they stall when hot, then its all over. Like I said, a demo is in order when the time comes.

Top Bottom