justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
My light just burned out on my 2000 EC 250. The problem is I need one by dirtweek. I went to the auto dealer to see if they could cross reference it. They couldn't. I doubt any of the dealers around here will have one either. Does anyone have any suggestions.:think

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
justql - If it's the bulb that burned out, give Fredette Racing a call. Jeff carries this bulb in stock. Just tell him it's the same bulb that fits the UFO "Gihilbi" or Acerbis "Elba 2" headlight. Also, it probably blew b/c the stock regulator is a POS. I went through 4 headlight bulbs and 3 taillight bulbs before I figured this out. Jeff also carries the Moose voltage regulator. On the GG the regulator is inside the frame just behind the steering head tube underneath the gas tank. It takes some patience, but the Moose regulator will fit in the same spot. Just use a longer bolt to install it. I mentioned Fredette b/c he is going to be a DirtWeek.

Good luck,
Woods

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm sure this is a stupid question, I had a nonresistor plug in it when I turned the lights on. Wouldn't that make it go out.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I had a nonresistor plug in it when I turned the lights on.

That is likely the problem. The regulator could also be at fault but try the resistor plug first. By the way, I have four of them for you!:p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I don't think a non-resistor plug would cause the bulb to blow, but it could fry the regulator. The voltage regulator is a known weak spot on GG's.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
The non-resistor plug won't hurt anything. Its actually recommended from GGNA to use a non resistor plug on the 300s as it helps with low RPM stalling

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Forget the fork-mount Headlight

Go to the auto parts store & buy a pair of inexpensive 55w rectangular off-road lamps (mine were $20, silver box, @ Pep Boys). Buy an in-line fuse holder, box of fuses, some extra wire & quick-disconnect connectors while there, the latter compatable with your headlamp socket; if in doubt, take the lens set with you.

Mount the lamp to visor (it comes with a bracket). Two strands, ~5' of wire/ea., install connectors on end to plug into stock head lamp socket. Install fuse on one wire. Tape wires together at 8" intervals, then to the back side of helmet, & drape the rest behind you then loop it around on your lap - connect to the wiring harness into the head lamp socket.

The advantage of this system is being able to point the lamp *where* you are looking, not off in the distance or in the air when going over terrain @ night.

I used this setup @ our last enduro, duing the 9pm poker run. Worked just fine (tho no high-speed Baja setup), & learned more than once NOT to look at card doler & other innocent spectators - can you say blinding?

Top Bottom