mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Hi, just wondering if 6.5 gallons of gas is enough to ride about 4-5 hours on a cr250 because I am going out on my first run here this weekend. And does anyone have any tips with hill climbing on the newer bikes because I had my 72 ts250 there last and I was fine... Thanks for all your help!!! :)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I would think that would be plenty of gas. It all depends on how you ride. If you're always wide open you'll go through a lot more gas than if you lug it all the time.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, even at the rate my bike inhales gas, I can go nearly all day on about 5 gallons.

The most important hill climbing tip, keep your speed up. If you can get that bike in 3rd gear and keep it there, the bike will be so much more stable and track much straighter. It makes the hill almost easy. This works on sandy, slick hills. I don't know much about the rocky ones.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My body would run out of gas long before my bike consumed 6.5 gallons.

When I go out to the desert and camp for a weekend I will generally go through 5 gallons of gas, and that keeps a YZ-250 and a YZ-125 going.

Riding an enduro will burn through quite a bit more, I probably burned 3 gallons just on the enduro but man, I was dead afterwards.

If in doubt, bring extra gas. Don't mix the second can unless you need it, and then transfer just what you think you need to the mix can.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom