Gas Mileage for 01 Gas Gas 250 XC

pedesktm

Jan 6, 2000
I am posting this for a friend who needs help. The bike is a 01 250 xc, 3 mos old. Run Harescrambles, AA rider. Stock 2.8 gal tank, 178 main, 48 pilot, stock slide and needle. Float level set to spec. No fouled plugs to date. Bike runs great. Currently can get 30 miles out of a tank of gas. Can't run a full 2hr H.S. without pitting. Others with the same bike can complete the whole race without pitting. Anyone have a similar problem and/or can provide a reccomendation on probable cause and remedy? Any insight would be appreciated.
Rick

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Are you sure about that pilot size? I think the stock pilot is a 38. I rode 45 miles at a Turkey Run last week and used slightly more than 1.5 gallons. I've noticed that my '98 is getting better mileage since I installed the LTR jetting kit. Checkout the "Talking Smack" forum over at Smackovermotorsports for more information. There are several threads about this product.

EK

Dec 3, 2000
I currently run a 300XC. What I have observed is that if you run in heavy throttle conditions like sand and lots of steep hills it will guzzle gas. If you run in typical enduro conditions, even tight trails pushing hard from corner to corner it will get about 20 miles/gallon.

Get the LTR jetting kit from Les at (360) 871-2259. It will do wonders for low to mid power and throttle response on all GasGas EC/XC's. Your friend will thank you for days to come.

Eric K
'01 GasGas 300XC

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
gas miles

OUR gas gas bikes run about 45 to 55 miles for trail rides!

enduros good dry about 40-45

wet slick , 30+?

most hare scrambles on the gas 35-40!!

been this way on 98, 99, 00, 01!! sr a class

if you ride hard , spinn alot , be careful pushing it till you figure out how ur bike does on different terrane!!!!

good luck , dawg

pedesktm

Jan 6, 2000
Thanks for the feedback. I did go back and look at my friends notes and the pilot jet is a 40 not a 48 (handwriting!!)

Top Bottom