briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
Hello All,

I'm planning a trip to go on some serious trail riding this summer. I have a 2001 CR250 and my friend has a KX250.

Does anyone know how far you can ride on a tank of gas with these 250's? I always ride at tracks and never stretch the gas mileage.

We don't have heavily modified bikes, just a pipe and jetting.

Thanks,
Brian K.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Too many factors to determine mileage on your bike.. Best bet is to put a measured amount in the tank and run it out.. Do the math from there.. Mileage can vary from one bike to another, and from one rider to another.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Any answers you get that suggest a certain amount of time are going to be guesses.. Put 1/2 gallon in your bike, ride, when it dies you'll know how far it'll go on 1/2 a gallon...

Determine your capacity, multiply. It's really not hard. And you'll know based on your own bike and riding style. It won't be a wild guess.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Figure about 15-30 mpg for a 250 2-stroke depending on riding conditions. This is a pretty broad range and gives you an idea, but it's best to calculate your actual economy as stated previously.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Yea, way too many factors. A guy I ride with and I have simular bike setups. Last race I was on fumes at the 35 mile pit stop, where as he went the full 48 miles on the same size tank. Same course, simular bikes (his is jetted richer), and basically riding style made the difference (I'm a little faster). :ride:

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I would say somewhere in the range of 20-30 miles, depending on riding conditions. This would be with a stock 2 gallon tank.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom