bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
hey i am looking at changing my mix ratio at 40:1 when it is currently at 32:1 with no airbox lid and a BR9es spark plug ...what would be better for more power i believe 40:1 but correct me if i am wrong ....more gas and air equals more power right? i do understand to make the change i will have to rejet the carb cuz at 32:1 it runs just a tad lean

also would it be better if i did changed to 92 octane instead of the 87 octane .... would it give it more power ??
would it run colder ?? cuz if can recall the more the octane the less of a bang it will make if you run the same spark plug ....corect me if i am wrong ....like would i need to change spark plugs to a BR8es

anyhow i just hope mybrother takes his street bike out of the shed so i can work on it this week :debil:
cuz i also want to change a striped kips vavle and maybe do a mild port and polish

anyhow any info would be apreciated

bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
oh and compression is currenty around 145 psi

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
you should be fine with 40:1 some go as far as 50:1

it has nothing to do with lean or rich .... jetting controls air/ premix ratio but on the other hand you'll be getting that much less lube.

I would rather be 2 size rich than 1 size lean any day.... the way I ride though it loads up in the tight stuff (slow and lugging)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom