Gas Oil mixture on a stock KDX200

eram310

Mar 28, 2006
I just bought a used 2001 KDX200 complete stock. (Original jetting, pipe etc)
The previous owner gave me a small bottle of Bel Ray H1R synthetic 2 stroke and recommended mixing at 40-45:1. The owner’s manual recommends mixing at 32:1 with a regular 2 stroke racing oil. What gives?

Lambkawi

Oct 31, 2005
I use Torqo 2 stroke synthetic at 40:1. Shop recommended 40:1 and so has all of my friends. Don't know exactly why I guess I'm just another cow in the pasture.

Ninja

Mar 26, 2005
2 cycle oil is made to be mixed at specific ratios. I use a 32:1 oil mixed at 32:1 for my KDX. I prefer a 32:1 mixture because it contains more oil and gives better protection for your engine. So long as you use a 32:1 oil it will not smoke nor foul glugs.

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
UH-OH ....... Here we go again. If you do a search you will find a ton of opinions. I've been running Golden Spectro @ 45:1 for 4 years, no problems.I think what the previous owner told you would work fine.

Lambkawi

Oct 31, 2005
If you look at the back of some of the bottles it will tell you how many ounces of oil to mix with your gas depending on what ratio you want. I haven't seen any yet that require you to run a specific ratio.

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
Kawasaki recommends mixing 32 : 1 with Kawasaki racing oil's or similar .
As mentioned allready everyone has there own opinion on mixing .

I would rather be safe and mix what is recommended by the manufacturer .

I dont get any spooge dripping from my bikes silencer .

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Lots and lots of opinions here. Most agree if you use full synthetic oils (and I think you should) then mix at 40 to one or perhaps a little more. If you use mineral oils (and I did this on 3 KDX) then mix at 32 to one. Lots of threads on mineral or synthetic oils. I do suggest that that for lots of reasons--tuning and others you choose a brand and type of oil and ratio and stay with it. I also try to use the same brand of gasoline, and for sure gasoline without alcohol! Cheers John

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom