Gas prices going up?

Has anyone heard of gas prices going up account of twin towers attack? I heard this afternoon gas in Houston TX was $6.oo a gal. and $4.oo in Little Rock AR. I hope this is wrong. Anybody else?

ktmboy

Subscriber
Heard they're not pumping fuel through the pipelines right now. All the truckers were topping off their rigs today in anticipation of a price jump.

penguin

N. Texas SP
$3.00 gas is nonsense

It is a bunch of silly crap, I just bought unleaded at the corner gas station for $1.27. Hysterical people ar just spreading a bunch of silly ass rumors

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
NO ROMUR!

Hysterical people ar just spreading a bunch of silly ass rumors
Prices doubled in one hour in Tulsa. OKC reported gas at $5.00/gal.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
The refinery in Ponca City OK, Conoco's big one, sent everyone home today.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
NOT A RUMOR

$4 in central IL!!

bunch of crap.

Caseys General Stores started the increase and are the only chain to go that high.

I put a comment in their website that price gouging on speculation in the wake of tha nations worst tradgedy is DISGUSTING

I agree, don't believe everything you hear. This morning when the attacks occured I was on a helicopter enroute to my platform off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. Immediately upon my landing, the second plane hit the WTC. The next thing I know, the U.S. is a no-fly-zone, including 12 miles off the coast of Louisiana. No aircraft, helicopters included were permitted to fly within 12 miles of the La. coast. Our company aircraft could fly all they wanted to, farther out, but under no circumstances were we to fly within the 12 mile zone. I am currently on an oil and natural gas platform by myself, 33 miles off the coast of La. and I promise that the natural resources that I am producing are moving through piplines to refineries for processing. God bless the people that are involved in this tragedy.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Here in North West Arkansas gas was $1.59 for regular unleaded this morning. I drove to another building for a meeting at 1:30, the station I drove by was at $1.69. By 5:15 when I left the office, $1.99. On headr on the radio that a congressman in MO is going to ask for a Federal investigation to ensure there is no price gouging. I filled up both trucks at Murphys USA at $1.69 a gallon. Bet gas prices will be higher in the morning. :think

Last edited:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
It's true!

This morning by me, gas was about $1.62. Today on the way home, it was $2.40. Reliable sources said that it was $3.00 in Flint. AND, the lines to get it were HUGE!

bwalker

Lifetime Sponsor
Reliable sources said that it was $3.00 in Flint. AND, the lines to get it were HUGE
Your sources are correct. The four stations I pass on my way home all had limes for a 1/4 mile or more with police dirrecting traffic. I filled my truck with diesel plus two 55 gallon drums this morning for 1.66$.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
As of 10:00 pm Central time Murphy's is still $1.32 here. But, every gas station is backed up with traffic like you wouldn't believe!