johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
Has anyone heard of gas prices going up account of twin towers attack? I heard this afternoon gas in Houston TX was $6.oo a gal. and $4.oo in Little Rock AR. I hope this is wrong. Anybody else?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Heard they're not pumping fuel through the pipelines right now. All the truckers were topping off their rigs today in anticipation of a price jump.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
$3.00 gas is nonsense

It is a bunch of silly crap, I just bought unleaded at the corner gas station for $1.27. Hysterical people ar just spreading a bunch of silly ass rumors

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
NO ROMUR!

Hysterical people ar just spreading a bunch of silly ass rumors

Prices doubled in one hour in Tulsa. OKC reported gas at $5.00/gal.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
NOT A RUMOR

$4 in central IL!!

bunch of crap.

Caseys General Stores started the increase and are the only chain to go that high.

I put a comment in their website that price gouging on speculation in the wake of tha nations worst tradgedy is DISGUSTING

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I agree, don't believe everything you hear. This morning when the attacks occured I was on a helicopter enroute to my platform off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. Immediately upon my landing, the second plane hit the WTC. The next thing I know, the U.S. is a no-fly-zone, including 12 miles off the coast of Louisiana. No aircraft, helicopters included were permitted to fly within 12 miles of the La. coast. Our company aircraft could fly all they wanted to, farther out, but under no circumstances were we to fly within the 12 mile zone. I am currently on an oil and natural gas platform by myself, 33 miles off the coast of La. and I promise that the natural resources that I am producing are moving through piplines to refineries for processing. God bless the people that are involved in this tragedy.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Here in North West Arkansas gas was $1.59 for regular unleaded this morning. I drove to another building for a meeting at 1:30, the station I drove by was at $1.69. By 5:15 when I left the office, $1.99. On headr on the radio that a congressman in MO is going to ask for a Federal investigation to ensure there is no price gouging. I filled up both trucks at Murphys USA at $1.69 a gallon. Bet gas prices will be higher in the morning. :think

Last edited:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
It's true!

This morning by me, gas was about $1.62. Today on the way home, it was $2.40. Reliable sources said that it was $3.00 in Flint. AND, the lines to get it were HUGE!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Reliable sources said that it was $3.00 in Flint. AND, the lines to get it were HUGE
Your sources are correct. The four stations I pass on my way home all had limes for a 1/4 mile or more with police dirrecting traffic. I filled my truck with diesel plus two 55 gallon drums this morning for 1.66$.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
As of 10:00 pm Central time Murphy's is still $1.32 here. But, every gas station is backed up with traffic like you wouldn't believe!

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Hysterical people tend to act hysterically. Things will calm down in a few days. The Texas attorny General was broadcasting a toll free number tonight for people to report gas price gouging. A spokesman for Exxon Mobil came on and said that gasoline prices were frozen at this time here in Texas

johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
Just heard on 10pm news most gas in north-Louisiana was staying normal. One gas station raised price of a gallon by $.40 at 5 pm but had lowered it back down by 10pm. Louisiana Gov said the state would not stand for price increases for no reason. News people said tomorrow will tell. later

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
We'll see how gas prices are in my town tommorrow. I have to buy gas tommorrow as I'm really low today. I should have filled up today, but will hope that they don't try to gouge me. I'll definitely give them a piece of my mind if they do.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I have seen gas price hikes for irrational reasons before. Guess what? The gougers DON'T FREAKIN' CARE WHY! There are no "irrational" fears or reasons to them -- just excuses to make a few extra dollars that day. They take your money, and when they eventually lower prices, know you'll forget. WELL DON'T! JUST DON'T! REMEMBER THOSE PEOPLE WHO GOUGED YOU! DON'T BUY FROM THEM. EVER!!!! NOT ONE RED CENT!! EVER!

My gosh -- people act like lemmings, think short-sightedly, and then wonder why other people screw them. Stop it already! If some jerk on the corner is charging $5 a gallon -- screw him. Forever! You know how many gallons they pump day? How much $3.50 per gallon is as pure profit?! Okay, so you ask what if it isn't the station owner, but the supplier. Guess what? NO DIFFERENCE!! Send the dang message, refuse to pay absurd prices, (or extract your payment later if you are forced to) and this terrible gouging will end -- whatever the source!!

I swear to God, whoever is behind this crap are no better than looters.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Hey Dirk -- that's the stupidest thing I've seen today. "Get over it" does not apply to looting OR price gouging in a time like this. The regional price differences aren't the point -- the gouging is.

Geesh -- you should get a medal for that post. I hope you really re-think that. Time for an anti SUV tirade, hmmmm. If you weren't in Oz, I'd really like to talk to you in person about compassion.

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
price gouging....

Thats all it is, prices havent changed here. With airlines grounded people will be driving more so the 'oportunist' will try to make a buck, I'm sure there is some gouging in hotels and rental cars also. Its unbelievable that people will try to make $$$ of the blood of others.:think

B

biglou

Here in KC, the gas has been jumping around by .25-.40 a week all summer. Yes, there were lines at the stations yesterday, no the price didn't change with the exception of a couple heartless stations. That changed QUICK with a visit or phone call from the Attorney General's office. The local radio stations are having people report which, if any, stations are/were gouging and guess what? They aren't going to be patronized. They are also going to get a visit or a call from the A.G. You know what else? It's working. Act rationally and prudently and have a plan and you will get results. Do not fall in line with the rest of the "chicken littles" and perpetuate this self induced hysteria by running around screaming that the sky is falling.

*Edited to replace "District Attorney" with "Attorney General". My bad*

Last edited by a moderator:

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I'm not far from Manhattan. A short drive to a mountain top park from work yesterday and I could see everything. Gas prices here are the same ($1.40/gal, reg.), at least for now, with no lines at all, within miles of ground zero. Everything seems normal in this respect. This price gouging is a crime in itself, no excuse. You guys should boycot those stations forever. I also try not to buy fuel from stations owned and operated by non-Americans, where the service generally sucks and the prices are high anyway. These people were the worst offenders during the early summer price hike. I don't know what its like in the midwest, but here in NJ, its hard to find a station that isn't run by mid eastern types, except in the more rural north where I live.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I love it. Even in this small town, idiots were lining up a block long, throwing fricking punches at each other. :)

This kind of stuff just makes me laugh.

I'm sorry guys, but PEOPLE in general (I know, it sounds sociopathic), are just kinda DULL.

There's no way gas supply could be affected at THIS POINT, with this present tragedy. Gas prices went up to $4.00 a gallon, and within 8 hours, was back down. He,he,he. :silly:

Top Bottom