k-dog

Jan 22, 2009
I'd like to change the color of my tank to green or black but don't want to buy one. Anybody have any ideas? Vinyl tape? I just gotta get rid of the purple!

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
please dont paint it you can try to get someone who does car wraps to do it in black and be carefull with the gas.. car advertizing wraps..you know

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
Purple Rules! Don't be afraid of your feelings! The manliest,most awesome KDX I have ever seen has purple fork boots, tank,toolbag,and beautifully and artfully(as well as manly)designed and hand painted purple swoops on the white background side number plates.And.... might even add a little purple design on the freshly white backgrounded front plate as well.1997 KDX's must have their purple honored. Oh, and the bike I am talking about isn't mine,no no no,it's a um, uh ,a uh ,...friend of mine's who is too shy to talk on the internet about his bike.Yeah,that's the ticket.

Jaz808

Feb 19, 2009
You cant paint a plastic bike tank, its PE Plastic which breathes so no matter how good you prepare the outside of the tank it will bubble and lift the paint
You need to seal the inside, all i could find was sealer for metal tanks, do what i did and have a vinyl tank cover made

k-dog

Jan 22, 2009
No disrespect intended Flap, it's just that the purple on this bike is gone, faded, or ripped. Black or green is a lot easier to find. Plus if I do the vinyl tank covering, it still has its purple heart right?
Jaz, who made the vinyl cover for the tank. Does it stick on or what?
Thanks

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
k-dog,you are a scholar,a poet,and a great American....."it's heart of purple".....you made me weep with pride and regret.Yes,regret that I ever rooted for Kurt Warner and the Cadinals.Forgive me,brother.Church is going to be extra meaningful this morning.God Bless You! Flapwick

Top Bottom