T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
I have decided to buy a gasgas and I have only tried the 01 200 and I loved it but in the back of my mind I wonder if the 250 with its 10 more horse is the way to go . I must admit I have a CR125 and a KX 250 and the KX is too tall and heavy so I mostly ride my 125 because I love its light easy feeling but the power SUCKS for hair scrambles

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
GO with the 200! I came off a Yamaha WR 250 and have never been happier with my GasGas EC200. If you like a 125 you'll really love the power of the GG 200!

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

Scrappy Dog

Oct 20, 2000
I own an EC250, my buddies own EC200's. It sounds like you'd prefer the 200.The difference in weight is only a couple of lbs.the bikes use the same frame etc. Both motors are awesome it just depends what type of power you prefer.You'll be satisified w/ either.

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
Hey thank guys I did buy a EC 200 and it is as great as everyone says I only have a few questions left like what have you been jetting it at , I found mine a little rich all round and does the suspention get plusher? I rode it for around 4 hours today and I found it to be better but no where near as plush as my CR 125.
I alos tried the 2001 250 Gasgas and I found it to be nice but I didn't find the big hit that everyone is talking about

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
T-bone,
What elevation are you riding at?? In your GasGas owners manual there is a correction factors chart. I've found it to be very helpfull.

I run a 172 main 35 pilot clip in the 2nd (stock needle)from the top Chevron 92 octane w/ Motul @40/1. That is for elevation 2500 to about 4000 ft.

I have the 45mm Zokes. They are VERY plush for woods riding. Give them some time to loosen up.

Good luck.

Checkout this site got more GasGas info; http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

Mudshark

Jul 26, 2000
Make sure your float level is right also. I rode my 300 with waay too much gas in the float bowl and all the time I was leaning the jetting and needle settings. I haven't seen one that was right from the factory yet!
Your floats should be parallel with the float bowl mounting flange, I'll bet if you take your carb off and check, the bowl will be allowing too much gas to the bowl before the needle valve shuts off.If you stop and lean it over slightly and gas runs out the drain tube- pull the carb!
biggrin.gif

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Angry Jim,

I'm a very slow C rider
wink.gif
200's
smile.gif

If, I was up to speed I"d be racing the Quick Slivler, but just coming off the collar bone break, I need some seat time before I get back out in the trees.

Jim, looking forward to meeting you in Reno next weekend.

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
TBone,

They are both excellent choices, it depends more on style and the class you wan't to ride. The 250 feels much lighter than other 250s on the trail, not a big penalty over the 200. Any GG can be semi-custom ordered by your dealer from the distributor (GGNA) with different engine configurations. There are no ECs in the US in '01, just customized XCs.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
MR WR,
Yeah, I'll see you there. I bet you're being too modest. I ride the 200 class as well, and some guy on a GG 200 has lined up right next to me 2 races in a row. He beat me by one spot in Sac. and I did a little better than him in Hollister. Maybe we can swap bikes in Reno? I'll be there friday some time. You?

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Angry Jim,
Did you race the WFO in Nov??? I was the only rider on minute 70
smile.gif
I've been down with a broken collar bone since Nov.
I'll be there Saturday in the morning just in time to meet the group and convoy out to Moonrocks.

Sure, we can swap bikes.....but I must warn you, once you ride a GasGas you'll be hooked
biggrin.gif

See you in RENO!!
I'll be driving a blue/white 83F-150 4X4...

Rick

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

Top Bottom