Gasgas ec 300 vibration & power?

snullia

Oct 26, 2001
Hi all

After having pretty much decided to get myself a KTM 520, I got a very good offer on a Gasgas ec 300.

After having found the gg interesting for a few years I know the gg is very smooth and reliable, but I worry if the max power might be a little weak. I found my XR 400 dull due to lack of power so I sold it.

My KX 250 has good high rpm power but it vibrates and has a close ratio tranny. Also it needs more low rpm torque so it really is no trail bike.

So I wonder:

How would a ec 300 do compared to a 250 MX bike in a drag race? It is only registered 49 hp but being 300 cc. I would like to hear from someone that has actually has tried this.

How is the vibration compared to a jap. 250 MX bike? I know the ec no longer has the counter balancer, but is supposed to have a well balanced crank.

stroker

Mar 19, 2000
HI, I currently ride a Gas Gas 300 ec and have quite a few other bikes. The Gas Gas has tons of power and if you can not spank a Japanese 250 then your jetting must be screwed up. The best part about the 300 is the bottom end grunt that allows the rider to be in a higher gear at lower rpm therefor not keeping the suspension loaded all the time. The bike will appear lighter and track better. It is why the Gas Gas is much easier to ride in the woods than a Japanese mx bike.

snullia

Oct 26, 2001
Thanks Stroker

Since all the owners of gg I have read comments from (and spoken to ) seem to be happy, I went for it and will get my new bike in 2-3 weeks.

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
Stroker wrote:

"The Gas Gas has tons of power and if you can not spank a Japanese 250 then your jetting must be screwed up. The best part about the 300 is the bottom end grunt that allows the rider to be in a higher gear at lower rpm therefor not keeping the suspension loaded all the time."

Be sure to pick up an LTR jetting kit - it cleans up the bottom end and mid transition considerably. The power is even more linear with this installed. They also have linkage rods, bar mounts, and a power valve cover for the gasgas. Check out the LT-Racing web site at
www.lt-racing.com

euro gasgas

snullia

Oct 26, 2001
Euro gasgas

Thanks for the tip. Do you know (or anyone else reading this) where one can get good aluminum protection stuff for engine and frame.

Top Bottom