cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
G'day Gal's: have any of you tried/owned a pampera. They seem to be the answer to "the girls bike" riddle? My wife is a good rider,she's now on a rt180 yamaha 2 stroke. It's small,decently powered-but the brakes and suspension suck!! Any feedback on a good replacement would be much appreciated. Thks Cactusreid

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
G'day yer self !

I have the Pampara 280 and am very happy with it.. Im 5-2 125 lbs... I ride mostly woods and trail .. it serves me well.. If your wife is taller there are other options.. For me its weight height, manuverability work.. It has super good breaks, hydrolic clutch... and decent on the power. You are welcome to e-mail me if you have more questions...

Have your wife drop in and let us know what she gets !! Lots of good people and info here !

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
I don't own one as I ride a GG 250 standard enduro bike but I am the one that has lead several girls onto the Pampera. I race in the mens 250 A class and to be honest the Pampera is a killer bike for smaller people. Mark Manniko was a National trials champion from Colorado who is about 170 lbs and now rides a Pampera for trails. He Loves the bike and can ride it really fast. He went to the desert with a bunch of guys on big 520's who teased him on his "little" Pampera. All he said was "we'll see" Sure enough he killed them on that thing, even in the sand. It is in this months Dirtrider as one of the best 15 bikes. One of my friends dad was a KTM dealer for YEARS. Him and his wife are in their 60's and still ride. They saw the Pampera, tried them, sold their KTM's the next day and bought 2.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
If you want to take my 5'0" wife's Pampera away from her there better be more than one of you and you better be armed! I know she loves me best but the Pampera runs a close second followed by her BMW F650GS and her Subaru Outback! At least I think that's the right order!

Seriously, it will greatly improve her riding and enhance the "Fun" factor. She will bug you to go riding much more often!

Toolman :thumb:

shgibbs

Sep 22, 2002
One of my riding girlfriends has the GG280. This is a sweet bike. The power is smooth, good suspension, good climbing power and it weighs under 200 pounds. She is about 5'7, maybe 140-150 pounds and it suits her well. I'm about 5'" and can get both feet on the ground.

The other thing is that her riding skill has improved dramatically in the 4 or 5 months that she has had it. I think she just fells more comfortable on this bike. I think it's an excellent choice.

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
Thks Everyone: Looks like I couldn't go wrong with a GG pampera for my wife.I'll have to check prices locally and see what I can do. Thks

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Well, if you're gonna consider the plusses, you should probably consider the minuses too. I believe the Pampera owners will agree with me here; the Pampera is not constructed as solidly as the Japanese or Austrian bikes that we're all used to. 'Just something to keep in mind.

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
Hey CJ: can you give me any stuff to look out for on the pampera. Wer'e still in the "what bike will work well for her stage", not sold on any one bike/type yet. This weekend she will hopefully get to try out a kdx 200 on a hare scrambles type ride/pokerrun type of terrain. We will let you know what the results are. Reid

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
No problem. Would you PM me your email address? I'll list some specifics of things either Katie, Stephanie, or I experienced personally. However, one thing that you mentioned in your first email is "suspension" and that is one of the downsides to the Pampera. It's suspension is not very beefy compared to, say, the KDX you're trying out this weekend. Please keep in mind that these issues were deal-brakers for Katie and I, who don't have our Pamperas anymore, but these are just nuisances to Stephanie, who loves hers! It just depends on personnal riding style and mechanical needs, I think.

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by CJ Rider
Please keep in mind that these issues were deal-brakers for Katie and I, who don't have our Pamperas anymore, but these are just nuisances to Stephanie, who loves hers!

I can't agree with you more! It is amazing how many people I talk to that love their KDX's, and I couldn't wait to get rid of mine. It wasn't that it was hard to ride, just not the bike for me.

Choosing a bike is a very personal decision. There is no perfect bike for anyone, it is all up to the individiual. I never realized that until recently.

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
cj:the pm option isn't working for me right now.I'll try and fix it(yeah right-it's a flippin' computer) and get back to you later.Thks cactusreid

Top Bottom