CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Excellent bike for very technical trail riding. It's about 200 lbs dryweight and is sized with smaller ergos to fit somebody who's about 5'4" tall comfortably. The engine is from the Gas Gas TXT trials bike, but it's geared differently and set up for trail riding. The down side is that it's not constructed as solidly as the typical Hon, Yam, Suz, Kaw, or KTM. I personally didn't like the one I had for a while, but I know others who do like theirs. It just didn't fit my riding style and I found it more difficult to work on than my other bikes. But like I said, I do know other folks who really like theirs, so I'm not trying to bias you one way or another.

Are you posting this question here in the dual sport forum because you're thinking it could be a dual sport bike? It does have lights and turn signals, but it's also a two stroke with a small gas tank. A larger aftermarket gas tank isn't available for the Pampera, which is another down side. Although you can no doubt get a plate for it in some counties here in Colorado, you couldn't just ride up to the nearest gas pump and fill up without worrying about premix. That's something to consider if you're thinking dual sport. It's not really something I'd want to ride dual sport for very long distance anyhow. It's an excellent bike for technical trails, but not really the best choice for dual sporting.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I know that Bundo has/had one and got it registered in Texas. He had noting but raves about it as a trail bike, keep in mind that it is quite a bit lower than most off road bikes so if you 6' tall ya' might end up looking like a Shriner.

BUCKWHEAT

Nov 14, 1999
I recently picked up a DRZ400E that has a BD kit on it. Titled, tagged, ready for anything. The GG would be more for my wife that now rides a TTR125L. The GG claims to have a 9litre tank (2 and a quarter gal?) with a smallish carb. The way my wife rides I'm thinking she could get about 70 miles out of it. Me about 50. It seems like it would be a fun ride for me to plonk around on as well on trials type stuff around the campsite. There's always some huge logs and boulders laying around:-)

Thanks for the info!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Your wife will get about 45 miles to a tank on the Pampera tops. Really don't expect to get any more than that and REALLY try one before you buy it.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
My wife's Pampera gets 70 to 90 miles per tank under Dual Sport type riding conditions. It cruises the dirt roads and jeep trails in 6th at 30 to 45 mph and gets good fuel milage. We carry a small bottle of Golden Specto 2 cycle and a 35mm film canister. A gallon of fuel and a canister of oil is just right.Works for her!

Toolman

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
cj rider,
you ride harder than you think; hence the reduced gas milage. ;)

Top Bottom