dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Sorry for the long post, but I’d like to get this bike up and running and these small problems are bugging me.

I’m hoping to reinstall the stock tank on this 2001 XC300, but the tall seat will not work. If I install the tall seat with the stock tank the rear seat mounts are raised above the sub frame and when I push the back of the seat down it rips the tank bracket right out. I’ve
used larger screws for the tank seat mounting bracket, but they have pulled out and the bushing in the tank is now broken. I’m wondering if I need a different base. My seat base, based on the part number seems to be for a 2000 250, and it is curved much like that of an XR type seat (not flat like the GG seat, but bent up at the front). Based on the photos of the ec/xc 300’s the seat looks flatter and more streamlined. Is there a base that I need to order for the stock tank? The present seat works well with the large desert tank, but I was hoping to use the stock tank/seat setup and make it more streamlined. I checked SDG, but they don’t make a seat for the GasGas, anyone know what I should do. The present seat will not bend to fit the slimmer/shorter tank.

I just got a new side stand spring and installed it based on the microfish images and the thing is a joke, in fact the whole sidestand GasGas design in a joke. The angle on the stand is a bit odd, but the big issue is the new spring works well as long as the stand is up, but if I attempt to put it down the spring flies off. I could be doing something wrong, but based on the fish images it looks like I have it on correctly. Needless to say the new spring has bent and lost it’s integrity, so I assume it weaker now and will continue to bend. Is anyone using the sidestand with or without the spring? Bottom line, I’m use to the quality of the KTM sidestands and this just can’t compare. In fact the Husqvarna stand is even better and my TE570 would fall if the wind blew hard. Overall I wish the thing was better, because I was hoping to use it. Let me know if you all are having any luck with or without springs. Looks like my option is use it without the spring or remove it.

Thanks for the help and I’m new to GG’s, I got the bike in Nov. and have yet to ride it beyond the driveway. Took it down to the fame the first night I had it and am just now beginning to put it all back together and I can wait to ride it.

bailey34

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2002
Call Jack @ Road Track & Trail for your GasGas parts and tech. questions.
763-427-2184

He is the best place for info and parts on the Gassers.

I have an 01 EC 300 also. When I put the Clarke tank on it I had to drill out the mounts on the back of the seat and move them forward so the stock seat would still fit.

bailey34

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2002
Contact Jack at Road Track & Trail 763-427-2184, he is in Minnesota. He can get you any part and has volumes of technical knowledge.

Also try this form page too. Just GasGas info and lots of tech questions aksed and answered. http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/bb/index.php

I have an 01 EC 300 which I put the large Clarke gas tank on it. The stock seat did quite fit right, Jack suggested that I drill out the rivets under the back seat supports and realign them. I did that and the seat fits perfect now.

Good luck...

Bryan

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Thanks solved the side stand issues and Jack was going to call me this week. I owe him for parts right now. I'll ask about the seat, but it looks like I need to order a new 2001 base.

Thanks

Top Bottom