CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I need your help. While in Harrisonville, Mo getting sandwich late Friday, my NO FEAR gear bag disappeared from the back of the truck. Lost items include new HJC helmet, 2 full sets of Moose gear, 1 brand new vented set of MSR gear, size 10 TECH8 boots, chest protector, DonJoy knee brace, and all of my gloves and goggles. The helmet was brand new. If anyone has found this gear bag, or knows of anyone trying to sell these items. Please contact me at 913-438-2909. REWARD offered, please insurance will not cover this & I have lost around $3,000 worth of gear. Please help!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bad deal man, good luck recovering it.

B

biglou

That sucks man. You might call the shops and give them a heads up. I'd call Golden Valley down in Clinton also. People talk, maybe someone will hear something.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Thank you

I was wondering if anyone knew of other stores that I should call tomorrow to look for Wade's gear, or at least inform them of what happened today?

Just trying to help my husband find his gear
Lynda

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I'm in the South West part of Missouri but I'll sure keep a eye out at the locals and let them know, I doubt it would all make it this far South. Man I hate to hear that, people just can't have anything nice without someone screwing around and...................(anyways) I wouldnt count out the local pawn shops either. Hope you are able to get all/ anything back.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
You may try hitting the local pawn shops in Harrisonville, Belton and Grandview. Good luck.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Thank you, we apperciate all the help we can get

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
That really blows.... :|

Insurance won't cover? What about if someone breaks into your car and steals a laptop, CDs, etc.? Wouldn't this be the same thing? Or, assuming this was a pickup, it was just lifted from the back of the bed, i.e. nothing was "broken into"?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Insurance Deductable

Since the gear isn't apart of the truck, auto insurance will not cover it. Your home owners insurance will possibly cover it, but by the time you have paid your deductable. You might as well have gone out and purchased new gear.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Your auto insurance would cover it, IF you had it secured in the vehicle. Leaving it in the bed means you're screwed.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Just got home from White Rock...yeah it was retro, junk gear day for me...but at least we all got to ride, enjoyed the night riding and day riding, nobody got hurt and hey worse things can happen. The KTM and CR ran flawlessly and our group had a great time, albeit a little late getting there as we rummaged through my old gear stash. I wasn't pretty be any means, but I never erally have been a sight for sore eyes

Thank you to my wife for trying to help and thanks for the heads up replies.

Status is this: homeowners doesn't cover it, auto insurance is a no-go too, regardless of placement in vehicle. Hopefully I can get a replacement rX for the Donjoy braces, or I will have to pony up the $900 for the left knee. Asterisks are sounding good right now.

Anyway, to the thief/thieves...karma has a way of coming back around. I ain't the vengeful type and I won't let crap like this ruin my days, but karma...well karma is a you know what :p

dirtrodr

Jan 13, 2005
Does it need to be said that thieves SUCK!!!!

Just a thought, you might watch other sites classifieds and E-Bay. Problem being all gear looks like gear. Sorry man.

B

biglou

Wade-No fooling, myfriend Joe found yrou gear bag on SB onramp to 71 hwy from 291, he has your number. Im on the phone with him now. He's ridden with us before and recognized what a gearbag is so he spun around and picked it up. Amazing coincidence, it was an "oh by the way, if I found a gear bag..."

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Are you serious Lou? That is unreal!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I didn't want that bad Karma. :p

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
No Way!!

B

biglou

For real, we'd been on the phone for several minutes, I mentioned the site and then he says "that reminds me, if someone found a gearbag, could you post it on the site?" Says it looks like it might have rolled out of the back of a truck, so it may have, or someone may have ditched it. Regardless, he should be calling Wade right about now. What's the reward?! ;)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Very Cool!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
he found it! shoulder strap is broke off...sounds like somebody was trying to just tug it out of the bed and got f-ed up (I always wrap the strap around the exhaust pipe of the bike) when I started coming out or somebody else in the lot spooked them,leaving the bag loose in the bed to roll out (which it did). Anyway he found it and knew a Lou and I 've got my gear back!!!

Joe wouldn't take the reward, totally good people. I told him if he ever needed anything I'm there. I'm still in shock that its back...I brought it inside and just laid everything out to look at it.

Yanno, even w/ no gear to speak of Saturday, the ride was awesome. Something here to be said for great family/friends, great dirtbikes and awesome riding areas...things can be replaced, the others can't. We don't know how lucky we all are...

Thanks everybody for the gear offers, I really appreciated the kindness

PS...Lou we all stopped trailside @ White Rock in honor of your record fling :nener: Thanks buddy, I owe you one bigtime

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Awesome news! :cool:

So..... perhaps the gear bag flew out of the pickup bed on it's own while driving??? Got jostled/bounced out?

:think:

Oh ya, the power of the internet and DRN... :worship:

How much is that DRN subscription worth now? ;)

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
That bag weighed damn near 70-80lbs(3 sets of gear, boots, chest protector, helmet, goggles, gloves, tool pack, knee braces, rolloffs, lenses, no fog, Boudreux Butt paste for monkey butt :yikes: ), plus the shoulder strap gets wrapped around the exhaust pipe on my bike. The strap is completely gone...somehow it was removed. Not to mention, the sandbag that i was using to keep the gear bag from sliding was moved too. I hope they get nasty little boils all over their nasty little thieving fingers :p It definetly rolled out, I just didn't know it was loose from somebody trying to yank it. I should have done an inventory check when I left Subway, which would have let me see it was not hooked up to the bike anymore. Lesson learned on that note.

Major props to the honesty of Joe, kind of person that keeps you believing people are basically good, even when somebody tries to do something that will make you think otherwise.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
BTW, Lou can you please PM me Joe's name and address. He wouldn't take cash, but I don't know of anybody that will turn down steak dinner from Hereford House in the mail

Top Bottom