andywright03

Jan 9, 2007
Hi all ive got a yz250 1999 when selecting 3rd gear it goes in and just revs and no drive like having a 2nd nutual it does select but makes horrible noise like all the teeth are broken , so stripped it down but carnt find any faults with it ..

so stuck now was expecting to see 3rd gear in millions of bits plus the gear oil was very dirty with lots of metal fillings in it even though i just changed it before the run

any help or advise would be great cheers

andywright03

Jan 9, 2007
clutch is brand new last month, looking at it again i found the bearing that fits into the casein that locates onto the selecter unit is seized slightly would that cause it??

andywright03

Jan 9, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Rule out the simple stuff,FIRST! Yes anything wrong with your clutch will cause issues accelerating!

100% sure it isnt the clutch as it rides fine in every other gear even with loads of pressure on it ,

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
Fox's initial reply was correct. I'm confused by your description though. Was there a lot of debris in the oil? If so, I'd lean towards the dogs on 3rd gear are wiped out. If the oil was free of steel debris, I'd inspect the shift fork for 3rd gear to see if it's worn or more likely bent. I'm not sure what bearing you're referring to being slightly seized, but if you've got debris floating around it will get into bearings and cause lots of problems, and that would be one of them.

Top Bottom